Last week, FMCSA announced five new members of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC), including:
- Gary Catapano, senior vice president of safety, First Student, Inc.
- Bruce Hamilton, president, Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1700
- Robert Mills, police officer, Fort Worth (TX) Police Department
- Donald Osterberg, senior vice president of safety and security, Schneider National, Inc.
- Tami Friedrich Trakh, board member, Citizens for Reliable and Safe Highways (CRASH)
The Committee also has a new Chairman, Stephen C. Owings of Road Safe America, the first representative from the safety advocacy community to be named chairman of the MCSAC. Current member Lt. Col. Scott G. Hernandez of the Colorado State Patrol was appointed vice chairman.